Friday, August 18, 2023

Our Credentials Have Arrived

I haven't written anything recently because not much was happening
trip-wise. We have been working on our bathroom renovation plans; we have
been ordering fixtures and supplies, and wearing out our credit card;
hopefully, we will be ready when the work starts in November. And I did buy
a recumbent trike; hopefully, I won't fall off this thing and ruin my day. I
haven't had any serious injuries from falling off my upright bike, but I
feel I have been warned.

Anyway, yesterday, our lovely mail lady brought us a USPS Priority Mail,
signature required, envelope. It contained our Laguna Seca Raceway
credentials and our elite parking pass. It also contained detailed
instructions on how to find the back entrance to the track. I guess they are
trying to avoid a traffic jam on CA-68. No worries, we have been there many
times before and could find the back entrance in our sleep. So, it's
beginning to feel real. We leave for the coast in about two weeks. After the
race, we'll spend a few days with family and then head home. Stay tuned.

PS: We learned recently that this will be the last September IndyCar race at
Laguna. Next year, the Laguna race will be in March and the season finale
will be in September in downtown Nashville. I guess the attendance, and cash
flow, are better at "party" tracks like Nashville.

No comments:

Post a Comment

2023-09-09 Second Day at the Track

One benefit of having seats in the pit suites is that breakfast is included. But that creates an incentive to get to the track early. Even i...