Sunday, August 27, 2023

My First Trike Ride

OK, this has absolutely nothing to do with our upcoming Laguna trip. But it's a huge deal for me personally. A few months ago, I woke up one day and started ruminating on the possible consequences of falling off my mountain bike at speed. I'm not 20 any more and probably would not bounce off a tree and land on my feet with some dust on my pants. I began thinking that I might break something important. So, I started thinking about the recumbent trike lady I used to see in Birch Bay. As I was riding my bike around the village, I used to see this frail-looking elderly lady pumping her way down the street. It did not matter how slow she went, she could not fall off. So, recently, I started searching YouTube for trike info. And I found a ton of it, some of it almost professional in quality. As a result, I selected the Catrike Villager as my weapon and got in touch with the local Catrike dealer. They were extremely welcoming and offered me a test drive on a Villager that they had just built for a customer. I drove this thing around the block and back to the store. And I got out my credit card. That was ten days ago and, just last Friday, I picked up my very own Villager. It had been shipped from the factory in Florida, and assembled and adjusted in just a few days. It comes in about ten colors; I selected Atomic Orange. It seemed appropriate since I just saw the movie Oppenheimer. Anyway, I took it out early yesterday morning, before the temperature got too ferocious, and Agnes made the video. Enjoy.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

2023-09-09 Second Day at the Track

One benefit of having seats in the pit suites is that breakfast is included. But that creates an incentive to get to the track early. Even i...